Located on 140 acres in Charlottetown, the birthplace of Confederation, the University of Prince Edward Island (UPEI) has a rich history with roots in two founding institutions, Prince of Wales College (est. 1834) and St. Dunstan's University (est. 1855). UPEI honours this proud legacy through a growing reputation for research innovation and academic excellence.
UPEI's six faculties (arts, business, education, nursing, science, and veterinary medicine) and two schools (sustainable design engineering, and mathematical and computational sciences) offer a wide range of programs and degrees to approximately 4,400 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students.
Collaboration between Jiangxi University of Science in China and Technology(JXUST) and the University of Prince Edward Island(UPEI) .
I. International 2+2 Joint Program
(1) “2+2” Joint Degree: The students will finish their first two academic years with proficient english in JXUST, then transfer all the grades they have already gained to UPEI to finish the rest of the two years. After completing all requirements for both programs the student is awarded two degrees in the combination of a bachelor’s degree.
(2) Post-graduate program: The students will complete their undergraduate program in JXUST with proficient english test such as IELTS 6.5. Then enroll to the post-graduate program in UPEI. After completing all requirements in UPEI the students is awarded the master degree from UPEI.
(1) Applicants must currently study at academic year two in JXUST.
(2) Major: Economy, Business Management, Computer Science, Biology, Physics, and any other sustainable development related majors.
(3) English Proficiency requirement: IELTS 6.5 or Internet-based TOFEL 80 (If applicants can’t meet this requirement, then applicants will need to take the EPA test in UPEI. )
III. Fees(Reference needed only)
Tuition Fees: about 14000 Canadian Dollars/ per year Living Expenses: about 10000 Canadian Dollars/ per year.
University of Prince Edward Island：http://home.upei.ca/
Canadian Embassy in China： http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/china-chine/offices-bureaux/index.aspx?lang=zh-cn&view=d